A Scam Email with the Subject "Attention: Director, ( Mutual Investment Request)" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:49:23 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mr.John Garang Jr and Family" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
From: John Garang Jr Bangkok -Thailand Tel+66-46428945 Dear Sir, Compliment of the day. After careful consideration with my mother, we resolved to contact you for your most needed assistance in this manner. I duly apologize for infringing on your privacy, if this contact is not acceptable to you, as I make this proposal to you as a person of integrity. I know you may be suprise to receive such e-mail since we have not seen nor met each other before, but be rest assured as it comes with best of intentions. However, your address was courtesy of a business journal at the Thailand chamber of commerce and industry, but after due consideration from your profile, I became aware and assured of your credibility of handling this trust and our future. Thus, after my humble decision to solicit your understanding and co-operation in this transaction, as it will be beneficial to all of us involved. My name is MR JOHN GARANG JR, and my mother MRS REBECCA GARANG, from Southern Sudan located in East Africa. We are the family of Late Sudan's vice-president and former rebel leader DR JOHN DE-MABIOR GARANG, who died about nine months ago. He died in a helicopter crash on his way returning from an official trip from Uganda on 30th of July 2005, just three weeks after he was appointed as first vice president Sudan in a new government of national unity- a position he held for only three weeks before he was killed by the wicked politician in the country. You can read more from the international newspapers posted in the web sitesbelow: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2134220.stm http://www.genocideintervention.net/educate/darfurnews/index.php/2005/07/31/breaking-news-sudan-vp-john-garang-likely-dead-in-crash/ Few months after his funeral, my mother notified me about my father's liquid assets amounting to USD$15.5million which he brilliantly deposited with a Finance and Securities Vault in Bangkok-Thailand. He deposited this funds in a consignment as family valuables for security reason. This fund is proceeds from solid minerals and dimonds sales which were under my father's possession at the onset of the civil war which is still persisting in my country. Presently, we have just arrived Bangkok Thailand and we have certified the existence of the fund in the security vault with all the appropriate document of the fund in my hand as the next of kin/beneficiary, and we have also concluded every arrangement with for the clearing of the consignment containing the fund from the security vault so that we can channel the money into a productive investment ventures with you in your country. Now, I'm asking for your kind support and help in investing the money in a worthwhile flourishing estabilishment like yours under your supervision, assistance and care as such I will ask that you see the possibility of my investing in your already existing company which I know will boast the production capacity of the company. Permit me to say that being a novice in business, I am willing to entrust everything into your care as we will be relying on you in whatever we are going to invest over there. If you are interested in helping me out, try and contact me with the above e-mail address, or phone numbers indicating your interest to help us. I will then furnish you with more details. We have mutually agreed to compensate you with 20% of the total sum for your assistance, Then the remaining 80% is for our family investment which you will help us invest in your country. I am revealing this to you with believing that you will never let me down in this business, you are the first and the only person that I am contacting for this business. Please I do not need to remind you of the need for absolute Confidentiality of this transaction.If you do not feel comfortable with this transaction, do not hesitate to discontinue. More details on the logistic and modalities of the transaction will be given to you as soon as I receive your acceptance letter. Note; also that the transaction attracts no risk on your side hence all the modalities for safe, smooth and successful transaction have been arranged by us. Thanks for your anticipated co-operation and my regards to your family. Trusting to hear from you immediately. Yours Faithfully, J. Garang Jr On behalf of Garang's family.