A Scam Email with the Subject "URGENT ASSITANCE" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:19:09 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was MRS SUSANA OLIVIA YEPUTA <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I AM Mrs SUSANA OLIVIA, an Ivorian widow with an only son (Frank Obruth Yeputa ). My husband was the chief security officer to the ousted president Bede of Cot dâ¤?Ivoire. During the overthrown of 24th December 1999, my husband was among the people was killed by the military. Since after his death. I ran away with my only son. my friend, may I introduce this business proposal to you. With reference to an introduction and good recommendation made of you and your esteemed firm by my close friend, I do hereby wish to ask for your assistance in an urgent business transaction that requires absolute honesty and secrecy. Although I did not in any way disclose to my friend the details of this my proposal due to confidential nature of this transaction. By virtue of my husband â¤?s position, the former president (Bede) gave him$25,500,000.00 (Twenty-five million five hundred thousand U.S. dollars) cash in $ 100.00 bills stacked in a box when he got the information that the military are planning to overthrow him. Immediately my husband was confirmed dead, I made away with this box with my only son so that we cannot be reached by Mr. Bede. I have really been waiting for a more suitable time and opportunity to contact you concerning this transaction. Right now, the money is in a safe place. I deposited it with a diplomatic company for safekeeping. I am using this opportunity to seek your assistance to move the money to your country to be invested on behalf of my only son. For your assistance, I am ready to offer you 30% of the total sum and give you the full power to manage the remaining 70% on behalf of my son. Contact my son (Frank Obruth Yeputa) where we are currently staying in a sisterâ¤?s house in South Africa. I Deposited it somewhere in EUROPE, which we shall inform you as soon as you conclude arrangements. Upon conclusion of arrangement, we shall forward to you the certificate of deposit and the phone and Fax number of the Diplomatic Company forconfirmation. However, send your message to my son on this E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org immediately you receive this message. Please I want us to finish this business as quickly as possible. And please indicate your private phone and fax Numbers on your response to this mail. Thanking you in anticipation of your kind consideration and urgent reply. Yours faithfully MRS SUSANA OLIVIA YEPUTA