A Scam Email with the Subject "assalam alaikum" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:26:13 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was Habibu Issa <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
assalam alaikum I am HABIBU ISSA and I am 75 years old. I lost my wife and family during the tsunami disaster why on holiday. Having thought about my wealth and what I would do with it, and after carefully considering the poor people who equally lost their loved ones, I have decided to donate my wealth to an islamic congregation, to help the poor and to promote the religion of Islam. Do not be surprised to see this message because I got your email address as I was browsing through a Islamic site. These fund, is $37.5M (thirty-seven million five hundred thousand US dollars) which is with the security company. This security company, is a world wide finance and security company in collaboration with ''Diplomatic Express Courier Services'' that helps in the shipment of valuable goods out of the country through a Diplomatic means, hereby delivering funds packaged in Consignment and delivered to the recipient. These funds when successfully delivered, 70% out of the total sum will go to your congregation, while the remaining 30% will be invested in any Islam related business in your country, or any other country of your choice based on your advise. Fellow believer, we need to move these funds out of this country within a short period of time from now. I will need you to immediately send my lawyer the following particulars. Your full name, your full address, your telephone and fax numbers. These funds are already packaged in consignments and ready for shipment and it can also be transferred to you, these information are required by the security company so that they will start up all the necessary process on how the funds will get to you. Be informed that as soon as these funds are in your possession, you’ll hear from me soon by the grace of Allah. Please endeavour to reply me, I am very sick, I have cancer and I only have access to the Internet and I want you to act fast because anything can happen to me and I expect to meet you. Please put me in prayers, so we can discuss more and know ourselves. I will wait to hear from you. This is the contact of my lawyer. You have to act fast so that u can get this document from him on time. His name is TRISTAN MARTINS. Email address: email@example.com. Telephone No: +441162622923. Habibu Issa.