A Scam Email with the Subject "BUSINESS" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:38:07 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was firstname.lastname@example.org, although it may have been spoofed.
NNPC LAGOS ANNEX OFFICE VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS-NIGERIA. Dear , May I crave your indulgence to open this business discussion by a formal letter of this sort. It is pertinent that a business of this magnitude should have commenced properly with a formal meeting of you and us to enable us know ourselves, have a fore knowledge of the nature of the business, discuss and acquaint ourselves with the responsibilities and functions of parties concerned, and appropriate shares accordingly. However, for time factor, confidentiality and personality of people involved here in Nigeria, we choose this approach for the remittance of this Thirty-five Million U.S. Dollars (US$35.0M). Please bear with us for making the initial contact through e-mail. But my partners are insisting for a meeting in order not to fall into a wrong hand again. I am Dr William Ofurum, we are members of the special committee for Budget and Planning of the Ministry Petroleum. This committee is principally concerned with contract appraisal and the approval of the contracts in order of priorities as regards capital projects of the past military government of Nigeria. With our positions, we have successfully secured for ourselves this sum of Twenty Million U.S. Dollars (US$35.0M). This amount was accumulated through undeclared windfall sales of crude oil. Hence together with two of our top officials at the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), we plan to transfer this amount of money into a secure overseas account by awarding a sort of contract from the NNPC. To this effect I have been given the mandate by my colleagues to contact you and ask for your assistance. What we need from you is to provide a nice account in which the funds will be transferred. My colleagues and I have agreed to compensate you or the owner of the account used for this transaction with 30% of the total amount remitted. We shall have 65% and the remaining 5% reserved for taxes and other miscellaneous expenses in your country. It may interest you to know that last two years a similar transaction was carried out with one Mr. Patrice Miller, the President of Craine International Trading Corporation at number 135 East 57th Street, 28th Floor, New York, NY 10022 with telephone number (212) 308-7788 and telex number 6731689. After the agreement between both partners in which he was to take 20% of the money while the remaining 80% for us. With all the required documents signed, the money was duly transferred into this account only to be disappointed on our arrival in New York, and we were reliably informed that Mr. Patrice Miller was no longer on that address while his telephone and telex numbers have been reallocated to somebody else. That was how we lost US$9 Million to Mr. Patrice Miller. This time around we need a more reliable and trustworthy person or a reputable company to do business with hence this letter to you. So if you can prove yourself to be trusted and interested in this deal then we are prepared to do business with you. What we want from you is the assurance that you will let us have our share if this amount (US$35.0M) is transferred into your account. If this proposal is okay by you, then reply through my email urgently so that we can set the ball rolling and negotiate the modalities involved. Kindly, treat as very important and strictly confidential, I honestly assure you that this transaction is 100% risk-free. I look forward to your response and expected co-operation and God bless you. Regards, Dr William Ofurum __________________________________________________________________ Get Tiscali Broadband From Ł15:99 http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband