Thank you for your association with Absa Bank.
We would like to alert you that your Absa Online Banking is due for renewal.We request you download the attached document to continue using your online banking.
Thank you for your time.
Absa Digital Banking Services
- The electronic notification system allows you to receive or retrieve messages at no additional cost.
- If you are using the electronic notification facility and want to change an e-mail address, please logon to Absa Online and follow the prompts or contact any Absa branch.
- Notifications are available in either English or Afrikaans depending on your language that you have chosen.
- We will only send notifications to the e-mail addresses that you have given.
- You are solely responsible to ensure that no unauthorised person and/or third party have access to your e-mail or your password. If an unauthorised person and/or third party gains access to your e-mail or your password we will not, under no circumstances whatsoever, be held liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your confidential information being disclosed.
- For any e-mail enquiries about electronic notifications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Call Centre on 0860 111 123.
- For questions about your account, please use the contact details in the attachment.
Installing the Striata Reader
Step 1: Connect to the internet.
Step 2: Download the Reader from the Striata Website (58Kb): Go to striata.com/absa and click on 'Striata Reader' in the top right corner above the search box.
Step 3: Click the orange header at the top of the page. The link wording will differ according to your operating system.
Step 4: Select 'Open/Run'. If no 'Open/Run' option is given, select 'Save' and then 'Open'.
Step 5: The Reader is now installed. Select 'OK' to close the 'install confirmation' dialogue box.
Opening the encrypted message
Step 6: Double-click on the attachment. You will be prompted to type in a password.
Installing Adobe Reader
To open your statement, you need to have Adobe Reader v 5.0 or higher.
If you do not have Adobe Reader, go to get.adobe.com/reader/ to download the latest version.