A Scam Email with the Subject "Please I need your Urgent Assistance." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 02 Dec 2006 07:17:07 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Ms. Ama Omiri" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Hello Dear, My name is Ama Omiri, I am 22 years old girl from Botswana, precisely Kweneng. I am in Greece at the moment, though we don't known eachother before this time but I believe, one has to risk confiding in someone to succeed sometimes in life. My father Mr Ama U. Ndalu died after a brief illness on the 3rd of September this year, and things has never been the same in our family since his death. My father was one of the executives in Debswana Diamond Company Ltd, one of the leading diamond mining companies in my country. On the 13th of September, shortly after the untimely death of my father, three Debswana executives including government personnel came to meet me and my mother, though we knew these men to be my late father's friends. In our country if u are not connected with the government..nothing moves for you. I used to believe this, till I am seeing the worst and the deadly part of such connection. So these men requested to know details about my father's foreign asset, which we didn't have idea of at that time. So my mother told them sincerely, that my father had not at anytime when he was alive brought our attention to any of his foreign asset, all we knew about my father and foreign asset was as an executive in Debswana Diamond company. So these men told us that due to the standard and position of my father while he was alive, that some top government officials were moving money abroad through him (my father). We didn't knew this, till we consulted our lawyer and he (our lawyer) conf! irmed this, but not in details, Our lawyer only told us that my father had come to him one time to brief him on such proposal, but did not tell him if he (my father) got involved. After this discussion with our lawyer, we drove home and went to my father's room to look for any proof of this, it was this time we found banking particulars amounting exactly €8.3 million Euro, with a bank in Greece. Finding out that I am the next-of-kin to this bank account, My mother and I initiated contact with the Bank to take full ownership of this fund, which we sent every document the bank requested from us including my father's death certificate and my mother's bank account particulars in Botswana. We were on the concluding part of this transaction, when my mother was arrested on the 5th of October, by the government. Hearing the news about my mother's arrest, I visited her in the detention and she advised me to flee the country so that I can secure this money. Seeing our situation and how desperate these men are, my mother instructed me to remove this fund out of this bank in Greece to a different bank entirely, as soon as possible before the government discovers ! it. This is the reason I am contacting you, If you can help us to provide a bank account in your country or anywhere, hence it is not in Botswana or has nothing to do with our name, which we can transfer this money into the account. It is not necessary to provide your existing account, you may open a new account for this purpose. Every arrangement to transfer this fund has been completed pending my order to the bank to transfer this fund. I will send a copy of certificate of deposit (statement of account) of this particular fund, including other necessary documents, name and contact info of this bank to you, for record purpose. That is if you accept to assist me in providing a bank account and safe guiding these funds. I will apply to the Bank to transfer the €8.3 Million Euro into the bank account you will provid for me, authorizing them to transfer this fund to the account and to commence any further communication with you. I pray that my decision to seek for your assistance will be given a genuine approval and trust from both ends considering the fact that we don't known each other before now, but I trust and believe in God, that you are faithful and will remain faithful till we meet to share these funds. My mother and I resolved to give 30% of this €8.3 million euro to you for your assistance and! safe keeping of the funds till we meet, while the remaining 70% will be for me and my mother, which we will invest part of it in any lucrative business of your choice. I am waiting for your positive response through this email email@example.com. Please keep this discussion confidential for the sake of security as the faith of my mother in detention depends on this money, and this money is all my family hopes on now, we cannot afford to lose it to the government. Yours Ama Omiri.