A Scam Email with the Subject "PLEASE READ AND REPLY IMMEDIATELY." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 02:52:20 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "yakube akim" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we have never met before.My name is Dr.Yakube Akim.I am the bill and exchange manager in African Development Bank.I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of our Bank who perished along with his next of kin with Korean Air Line, flight number 801 with the whole passengers on 6th of augustus 1997 and for your perusal you can view this site http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9708/06/guam.passenger.list Since the demise of this our customer, I personally has watched with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of US$8.3M (Eight Million Three HundredThoudsand United States Dollars) which has been with our branch for a very long
time. On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall be used as the Next of Kin since nobody is coming for the fund again.The Banking ethicshere does not allow such money to stay more than 11 years, because the money
will be recalled to the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund after this period. In view of this I got your contact through the internet when I was making a research on a foreigner that I will use in this great opportunitybecause i dont want the money to be recalled to our Bank treasury as uncliamed fund.I have also agreed to offer 40% of the total sum and the rest 60% will be
for me. The reason for a foreigner in the business is for the fact that thedeceased man was a foreigner and it is not authorized by the law guiding our
Bank for a citizen of this country to make the claim of the fund.So the request of you as a foreigner is necessary to apply for the release and transfer of the fund smoothly into your reliable Bank account as the surving relation to the deceased. If you are really sure of your integerity, trustworthy andconfidentiality, and accept not to cheat or disappoint me after this business, reply
with your telephone and fax numbers and banking account details where you wish to receive the fund. Upon receipt of the above mentioned informations,indicating yourinterest in the business,I will send you by fax or e-mail a letter of application
which you will type and send back to our bank to enable us start this transaction. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and dont have any negative impact.You should not entertain any fear as all modalities for the smooth and easy transfer of this fund has been finalized, this transaction will be completed within 14 bank working days immediately we start the business. Waiting for your urgent response and please kindly delete if you are not interested. Regards, Dr.Yakube Akim African Development Bank. _________________________________________________________________ Testez Windows Live Mail Beta ! http://www.ideas.live.com/