A Scam Email with the Subject "Mr Morgan Momman" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:40:32 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was Steve Momman <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
I hope this letter meets you well. While this email will definitely be coming to you as a surprise, please take a moment of your time to read this. It is very important. I am Mr. Steve Momman, working in a banking corporation in The Netherlands. However I got your address through the International web online directory . During our recent reconciliation and auditing of our bank accounts, my department discovered an over dormant account with a huge amount of money valued at US $ 6,500,000.00 (Six million, Five hundred thousand, United State dollars Only) that belongs to one of our late customers; Lebanese business man and a victim of the war in iraq SAID DAKASH, He has passed away (dead) leaving no beneficiary to the account. So the funds have been dormant in his account with this bank without any claim or activity on it for quite some time. Due to our bank regulations, It is only a foreigner that can stand as a next of kin and it is upon this discovery that I decided to contact you to collaborate with you to reactivate these dormant funds. So to avert any negative development and chance losing these funds forever. On behalf of my colleagues and I we now seek your permission to have you stand in as Next of Kin to our late customer so that the fund will be released and paid into your account. You would become the beneficiary's next of kin to release these funds into your charge. We are not allowed to operate a foreign account and that would eventual raise an eyebrow during the time of transfer. I still work in this banking corporation, this is the actual reason why I required a second party or fellow who will work with me forward claims as the next of kin (you) and also provide a bank account or to set up a new bank account immediately to receive these inactive funds. However, on conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total fund, while 10% will be set aside to take care of expenses on both sides that may arise during the time of transfer and also for telephone bills, and the remaining 50% will be for my colleagues and I. What I want from you is for you to act as the deceased next of kin. I have in my possession, all the necessary Documents to successfully accomplish the operation. Further information will be given to you as soon as I receive your positive response. I suggest you get back to me as soon as possible stating your wish. We don't have alot of time to correct this unfortunate situation and I am afraid that without your help it will all be lost forever. For confidentiality please contact me on my personal email address/telephone number; ( ) with the following your data: Full names, Address, Telephone number and Fax number. I look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, Mr.Steve Momman Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Private Email: email@example.com