A Scam Email with the Subject "CONGRATULATIONS; CONTACT YOUR AGENT URGENTLY." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Wed, 31 May 2006 04:46:25 -0700 and has been classified as a Generic Scam. The sender was email@example.com, although it may have been spoofed.
CONGRATULATIONS; CONTACT YOUR AGENT URGENTLY.
LUCKY DAY INTERNATIONAL:
118 Marcopolostraat, 1053 N- Ams,
RE: YOUR PRIZE NOTIFICATION.
This is to inform you that in the lottery drawn on the 20th of May and recently released, your email address won a bond covered lump sum of US$2 Million. Your winning prize (US$2 M) was from a total cash pool of US$10 Million shared among five lucky winners. The lottery is a promotional programme co- sponsored by a major software provider aimed at encouraging Internet users. All participants were selected through a random computer ballot system drawn from over 50,000 company and 500,000 individual email addresses all over the world.
1. You are required to keep your winning private from public notice until you receive your US$2 Million. This is part of our security protocol to avoid disclaimer and unwarranted abuse of the programme by participants. An instance was the disclaimer to the lump sum lottery winning prize of US$162M in USA in January, 2005. The disclaimer later apologised publicly (our source: CNN). We do not want to experience this ugly situation.
2. As an Internet user, your email address is qualified for the lottery draw.
3. Your Lucky No: == 1-5-17-31-51-60 , Batch No: == :AK-1433 , Ref. No: CR/0237821020NL and Ticket No: == KD613310,
4. Under 18 years is automatically disqualified.
5. Winning prizes must be claimed not later than three weeks from today.
To receive your prize, do please contact our fiducial agent (Mr. Steve Olea) at: ( firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com). Or through Fax number +31-84-754-7144. You are advised to include your Lucky Number, Batch Number, Age, Occupation, Address, Telephone and Fax numbers when contacting your agent. You are also required to forward a scanned copy of your International passport or, Drivers' Licence or, National Identity Card. Inform your agent any change of address during the period of claiming your prize.
Accept our congratulations and thank you for being part of our promotional programme.
Mr. Marco Baal (Asst. Director, Int'l Promotion/Prize Award Dept.).
NB: THIS IS NOT SPAM