A Scam Email with the Subject "URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL FROM CONTRACT REVIEW COMMISSION.?Please if after reading my proposal and you are not interested in my offer, please!!! Do not disclose this offer to anybody." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:15:29 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "augustine zulu"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
CONTRACT REVIEW COMMISSION HEADQUATERS 5 INDEPENDENT Avenue, PRETORIA SOUTH AFRICA, Tele: 0027 78 1154 580 Fax: 00 86 5531 019 ATTN: MANAGING DIRECTOR, (TOP SECRET PROPOSAL: VALUE $ 26 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS) My name is AUGUSTINE ZULU member of South African Senate and Deputy Chairman; Contract reviews Commission of the Republic Of South Africa. I was directed by The Chairman to send this urgent proposal to you. The national contract general review of all Federal Unpaid contracts from the Apartheid Era and at the same time authenticates the genuine ones. The decree that established this commission gave birth to the contract Remittance department of the reserve Bank of South Africa, which works in conjunction with the contract review commission. This means that any genuine contract payment reviewed and authenticated by this commission would be automated by the contract Remittance Department. It happened that we had a contractor by the name of Thomas Gibson (a Swedish) who was awarded a contract by the South Africa government in 1996.He completed his contract in December 2000 and was given payment approval Order in January 2001. But Mr. Gibson did not live to claim the US$ 26 millions as we learnt that he died in a plane crash in Southern Cameroon 5th of May 2007. After the death of Mr. Gibson, this commission tried to locate his next of kin who would be beneficiary of the contract money as contained in his contract file. But to our greatest surprise, we learnt that the next of kin Mr. Daniel Lewis was with Mr.Gibson in the same flight that crashed in Southern Cameroon. He was also dead. To add more there was a fire disaster that destroyed the South African Mining Corporation Building on 25th December 2002. (S.A.M.C Building was where the late Mr. Gilbson was awarded contract of the $26 M) during the inferno, all valuables documents including Contract Documents of Late Mr. Gibson were burnt to ashes thereby wiping off all records of his Contracts. In view of the above general belief, I and top members of this Commission decided to contact you to act as the beneficiary of the fund and provide an account where we will transfer the fund with the intension of sharing it among us since Mr. Gibson and the next of kin are not alive to claim the money. And if not cleared it will be returned to the government treasury account. As the top officials of this commission, be rest assured that there is no course for alarm, as we would use your name to transcribe the details of the late Mr. Gibson without any problem. This transaction is 100% risk free. On the confirmation of your interest and readiness to assist us in this transaction I will give you more detailed information and the laid down procedure for a hitch-free transfer, which I amsure you would be satisfied with. When confirming receipt of this message, do not forget include your personal/direct telephone and fax numbers for personalized communication. However we have mapped out 30% of the US$26 Million for you as a commission for your assistance. While the remaining 70% is meant for the officials and I involve. This money cannot be approved to a local bank account holder, but can only be approved to a foreigner that is why I have come to seek your assistance. Please if after reading my proposal and you are not interested in my offer, please!!! Do not disclose this offer to anybody. This is because we are top and influence officials and do not want our image to be dented, keep it TOP SECRET anticipating your urgent response RegardsSenator: AUGUSTINE ZULU (DEPUTY CHAIRMAN, CONTRACT REVIEW COMMISSION