A Scam Email with the Subject "THIS WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO US" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:22:41 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Miss. Zainab Abdullah"<Robesonbert@aol.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
THIS WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO US Dear Good Friend, It has become necessary that I should contact you on this confidential matter, believing that you will be able to provide me with the required assistance needed. Though we have not met before (either in person), but as a helpless Girl, I am making this request from you with TRUST / REGARD TO HUMANITY. My name is Miss. Zainab Abdullah I come from a war-affected country in Africa called (SUDAN). I am the daughter of Rtd. Brigadier SADIQ ABDULLAH , who was murdered by a rebel group in Darfur– the Western province of Sudan, during the civil war in my country. I have lived in Ghana with my younger sister on POLITICAL ASYLUM (as REFUGEES). Before my father's death, he was an active member of the SUDAN PEOPLE'S LIBRATION ARMY (SPLA), and he was in charge of ARMS / AMMUNITION supply for the (SPLA) during the last civil war in my country. When my father was assigned to purchase some Ammunitions for the (SPLA) in year 2006, he diverted a huge sum of (US$7.4 Million) to Ghana, which he deposited with the Mico security company for safe-keeping purpose. My father deposited this huge sum of fund with my name and my mother as his NEXT OF KIN , to enable us use the fund in taking good care of family in case he die in the civil war in my country. In view of the above situation, I have decided to transfer this fund to your country for investment purpose, so that I can relocate to your country with my younger sister to start a new life, since it is not possible for me to invest the fund here in Ghana. Having completed necessary arrangement with my younger sister on this fund will be successfully transferred to your country, I am now in need of a TRUSTED / RELIABLE PARTNER from your country who can assist me in receiving this fund in his bank account, till my arrival to your country for the proposed business investment. My purpose of contacting you therefore, is to request for your kind assistance in this matter by providing me with your BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION where this fund could be transferred, pending my arrival to your country as explained above. For providing me with the requested assistance in this matter, you shall receive (20%) of the (US$7.4Million) as a reward for your EFFORTS / HONESTY in this transaction, while you assist me to invest the remaining (80%) of the fund in a good business in your country, to enable me and my younger sister have a sustainable source of income as we come over to live in your country. To proof your sincerity to assist me in this matter, you are required to provide the following information in your reply to this mail: (1) Your Full Name (2) Your Contact Address (3) Your Contact Telephone Number (including Mobile) (4) Your BANK NAME / ACCOUNT NUMBER (where the fund will be transferred) (5) A scanned copy of your INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT or DRIVER'S LICENSE (which I shall use to identify you on my arrival to your country). As soon as I have received the above information from you, I shall instruct the bank here to transfer this fund (US$7.4 Million) to your account as my FOREIGN BUSINESS PARTNER / CO-BENEFICIARY, while I prepare for my journey to meet with you in your country. Please kindly indicate your willingness to assist me in this matter by sending an URGENT REPLY to this mail.(firstname.lastname@example.org) Hoping to hear from you soon. Regards, Miss. Zainab Abdullah.