A Scam Email with the Subject "ESKOM HOLDINGS LIMITED" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:01:09 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "ESKOM HOLDINGS"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
ESKOM HOLDINGS LIMITED REG NO 2002/015527/06 FROM OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR, PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT ESKOM HOLDINGS LIMITED REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA TEL: +27 76760 2446 Dear Sir/Madam, With due respect, trust and humility, I write you this proposal which I believe, would be of great interest to you and for your consideration, and I also apologize for intruding into your private email address because I know that this e-mail will come to you as a surprise but however strange or surprising this contact might seem to you as we have not met personally or had any dealings in the past, to this infect, I humbly ask that you take due consideration of its importance and immense benefit it will be to both of us. Please do not despair because I got your email address from a business advertising website on the Internet before making my contact with you. My name is Mr. Paul Jacobs Maroga the Ceo / chairman of contract award committee of Eskom company ltd, republic of South Africa. It is my profound intention to contact you for this very important and highly confidential transaction for the transfer of US$6, 20 0, 000, 00 into your account. The (US$6, 200,000,00) was the over estimated balance from the contracts awarded to both foreign and local contractors the real contract value was $19 million united states dollars, but it was over estimated to the tune of (US$25, 200, 000.00) (Twenty Five Million Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) only. The contract has been successfully executed by the contractors and their contract sum of (US$19M) has been paid to them, leaving the over estimated balance of (US$6, 200, 000.00) Six Million Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars which I intend to transfer to your nominated account. Presently the money is lodged with South African Reserve Bank waiting to be remitted to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by my department as associate/receiver. My main reason of contacting you is that by virtue of my position as civil servant in my country, I cannot acquire or transfer this money in my name. And as high placed civil servants, the South African civil service laws (Code of Conduct) forbid us to own foreign account. On the other hand, it is not safe for me to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. If you are interested in working with me as a partner, then indicate your interest. For your assistance, you shall receive 25% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 75% belongs to me. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your account. Since my objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help us with advices and direction on investing into profitable ventures in your country. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to me or you, it will also be conducted under a legitimate arrangement that will protect both parties from any breach of law. I expect that you would find time at your earliest convenient to let me know of your position as it relates to your willingness to assist me transfer this fund to your account. Contact email address: email@example.com My best regards, Mr. Paul Jacobs Maroga