Scam Emails Archive : Advance Fee Fraud/419


From: "tbenin" <>

This email with the subject "CONTACT TELE D. GENERAL" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:44:56 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam.

The sender was "tbenin" <>, although it may have been spoofed.

E-mail. (
Dear Sir,
It may surprise you how I lay hold of your address, but not to worry as it was made assesible through the internet,web site. My name is BARR, Arabba  Oraka. I am a senior accountant in the office of the accountant general with the Benin Telecommunications Ltd. offices. With further suspending your curiousness, let me introduce my purpose of writting so unexpectedly. There is a deal I intend to propose to you as it would interest you having all that makes a business interesting. But it must be kept very secret as it has the involvement of the accountant general himself as well as other senior members of our offices.
It is therefore with trust and confidence that I make this prposal to you which as were very urgent and important as the nature of the business demands.with confidence bestowed on me I have been assigned by my colleagues to scout or seek for foriegn partners or business personel to assist us in tranfering some money which has been made ready and awaiting assistance to effect the transfer.The reason why this needs very urgent and immidiate attension is because the amount involved runs to the tune of US $8 million dollars .
How did such amount of money come about?you may ask. The anwer is, it was a deliberate over invoicing of a particular contract awarded by my corperation( NITEL ) in 1998. Again it is not permisible for a civil servant in Benin to have a bank account runningin to millions of money  talking of having foriegn  account , which  is the rule of the civil service commission  and the code of conduct that's being promulgated by the new civilan adminstration in place.Only recently, our new civilian president Chief Yayi Ebony orderd and directed the Central Bank of Benin Republic  through ministry of finance  to clear  all outstanding bills due for payment to contractors both local and foriegn firms whose contract have been fully executed. Favourably, ours is one of those whose payment has been effected and cleard by our bankres and awiting receipt. The problem we are facing now is how to cash and move the money from the bank, not just at that, but moving it out of the country and urgently.
Apex Bank of Benin Republic Plc, is the bank nominated by the fedral government of Benin and the finance ministry to carry out the payment of all foriegn contractors which is the category where we fall in.Ordinarily, our contractor has been settled and has no business with excess, that is the remining money US $8m.Most interestingly,the nominated bank happens to be our ministry's bank,that is where every money that is due to our ministry is lodged in, So you see this is where you come in.We have already prepared voucher for the money but have not fowarded it because it hasn't got any contractor's name. So the money can not be moved or paid to anybody yet, so you are coming in on the strenght of this advantage. We are going to present your company as one of the contractors who execute some of such contractors. As for the actual job your company did, we have taken care of that and will brief you later as soon as this transaction takes off.
Note that they said money has been floating for the past one month, since the payment and it might soon be retrieved. So if you are interested in this proposal, please kindly quicken action as we both stand to gain from this deal. Meanwhile we have agreed that you are taking 20% of the total sum for providing the neccessary assistance then 10% will be added for every expenditure you may incure in the process. Bringing you total cllection/ share to 30%.Most importantly the nature of your business is very relivant to this transaction as all arangement a succesfull and hitch free transaction has been concluded.Here is the informations needed from you.
1. Your full name and address.
2. Your Company's name and their address.
3. Your phone and fax number.
Note: That it is imparative to having all those  infomatons about you for easy communication and transactions.It willl also enable us to start action as to be sure that everything would have been concluded and sealed in a weeks time.Pls rely through  this my confidential,E-mail, (
for security  reason.
Your maximum co-operation is needed.
BARR.  Arabba  Oraka