A Scam Email with the Subject "Re:God Bless You" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:31:51 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Dr. Abraham Uba" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
FROM: THE DESK OF DR.UBA ABRAHAM. Alternative email:email@example.com Dear Sir, TRANSFER OF US$20MILLION INTO A PERSONAL/COMPANYâS OFFSHORE ACCOUNT. May I respectfully invite your kind attention to the above subject matter and to state that based on information gathered from the relevant Federal Ministry of Trade, Commerce and Tourism, we, intend to solicit your assistance in the execution of a business transaction. It is our sincere conviction that you will handle this transaction with absolute confidentiality, maturity and utmost sense of purpose. I wish to further inform you that we have twenty Million U.S. Dollars(US$20M) which accrued overtime from deliberately inflated contract awarded in my Ministry (Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources) and executed by a consortium of multinationals in the Oil Industry. The projects executed include the following: 1. The expansion of pipeline network within Nigeria for Crude Oil and Downstream products distribution and subsequent evacuation. 2. Contract for the Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the three Refineries In the country. 3. The construction of storage tanks for Petroleum Products (Depots). Consequently, we humbly request your gracious assistance and permission towards the remittance of the above stated amount into a personal/company/offshore account nominated by you. We propose tentatively that you will receive 30% of the total sum, and the remaining 70% is for my colleagues and me. However, this is negotiable in the event of your willingness to assist. Could you please notify me of your acceptance to carry out this transaction urgently by email email addresses:firstname.lastname@example.org only, on the receipt of this message. I shall in turn inform you of the modalities for a formal application to secure the necessary approvals for the release of this fund into your account. This transaction from the day of commencement will not take more than ten(10) working days. Thanks for your co-operation. Yours sincerely Dr.Uba Abraham