A Scam Email with the Subject "THIS FUND MUST BE USED TO ASSIST THE HOMELESS." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:24:39 -0400 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was Barrister Catherine Levett <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Hello Friend, I am Barrister Catherine Levett, from the UNITED KINGDOM (UK), I am the legal adviser to late Mr. & Mrs. Elizabeth Chapman, a Russian couple that lived in the UK for 25 years before they died in a plane crash. They were good Christians, who dedicated themselves to God, but had no child until their death. They acquired assets such as landed properties, industrial investments, etc. As their legal adviser, I was privileged to write their WILL and testament. Because they had no child, they dedicated all their wealth to God and the needy in our society. According to the WILL, 40 percent of the money will be given out to the person who will manage and utilize this money. The remaining 60 percent will used for the ministry that will spread the works of God and also, for the upkeep of widows, widowers, orphans, destitute, the down-trodden, physically challenged children, and persons who are genuinely handicapped. They gave me the authority to sell their assets and the money to the person who will manage the Ministries for the work of God. The person will use 40 percent of the money for his own private use and use the remaining 60 percent to help the underprivileged in the society. After selling off the properties, I realized more than Eighteen million, five hundred thousand US Dollars ($18.500, 000, 00) .But Instead of giving the FUNDS OUT as instructed by the owner before their death; I converted the fund to myself with the intention of investing the fund abroad for my personal use. I was afraid of putting the fund in the Bank, because I had to give account on how I got the money. I then packaged the fund in consignments and deposited them with a security company. I did not want the management of the Security Company to know the content of the consignments; therefore I registered the content of the consignments as personal effects. I had an encounter with God when Rev. Billy Graham was preaching on television concerning Ananas and Sapphires who told lies when they were told to bring money, so that lives of people will be saved in Acts 5:1-11.After hearing the word of God, I gave my life to God and became a born again Christian. As a born again Christian, I started reading my bible and one day, God opened my eyes to Ezekiel 33: 18 and 19, where the word of God says: "When the righteous turneth from his righteousness and commites iniquity, he shall even die thereby. But if the wicked turn from his wickedness and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby?. From the scripture, I discovered that the only way I could have peace in my life is to do what is lawful and right, by Giving out the fund as instructed for the work of God by the owners before their death. I have asked God for forgiveness and I know that God has forgiven me. But I have to do what is lawful and right in the sight of God by giving out the fund to the ministry for the purpose of God's work and needy people all over the world. Therefore I decided to contact you, as the appropriate person. I have notified the Security Company where I deposited the consignments and the security company has since been waiting for my authority, so that the consignment will be shipped abroad. You should forward to me your personal information for easy communication for the Shipment. Prompt response will be highly appreciated. Your Full Name : Your Receiving Address : Your company's name(if any) : Your Telephone Number: Your Fax Number: Your Mobile Number: Your Date of birth and Sex: Your Profession: marital Status: Country of Origin: BANK INFORMATION IN ANY. Your bank name : Your bank address: Your bank phone and fax numbers : Your bank account name : Your bank account number : Your bank routing number for wire : Your social security number: Please send the above details to this email address:email@example.com Yours in God. Barrister Catherine Levett