A Scam Email with the Subject "Hello (See Information As Requested)" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 04:14:04 -0500 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mr. W Qin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dearest One, Compliments of the season to you, allow me to introduce myself, I am the personal Assistant to Mr. Wang Qin, Staff of Standard Chartered Bank. I am writting in respect of a Chinese customer of my bank Mr. Zhu Li,dual citizen of China , who died in a plane crash on Monday, September 2, 1998 GMT 14:22 UK while he was flying from New York toGeneva. I got your email account while searching for a business oriented personality in my private study on the internet. Please see for more information. http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissair.victims.list/index.html The late Mr. Zhu Li left in our deposit the sum of seventy five million, seven hundred and fifty thousands dollars ($75,750,000.00 million USD) and nobody will ever come for this money because there is no next of kin in his documents. I am the only person that is aware of this money since Mr. Zhu Li did not give to my institution any next of kin to inherit his money. Now, I want to use my position in the bank to transfer this money to your country for investment. if you would reply to this mail of your acceptance of this proposal of seventy five million, seven hundred and fifty thousand. I will give you 35% of this entire fund while the remaining 65% shall be for me, I am hoping to get a favorable response from you. Please send an email to my Private email below, so that i will provide you more details about this transaction, and how we can successfully carry out this transaction without any risk involved. email: email@example.com Regards, Mr. Wang Qin.