A Scam Email with the Subject "urgent business proposal" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 27 Feb 2016 14:44:50 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mr. Akinwumi Godson Fanimokun" <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Mr. Akinwumi Godson Fanimokun Group Executive, Technology & Services First Bank of Nigerian Plc. Dearest, My name is Mr. Akinwumi Godson Fanimokun, Group Executive, Technology & Services First Bank of Nigerian Plc. based in Nigeria. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of our Financial Firm with Deposit Code: XXMD-908-14-255-114 whose name is Eng. Ahmed Mohd Elshami, an Egyptian citizen and a Federal Contractor with the Federal Governments of Nigeria and Egypt. My client lost his life along with his wife, daughter and several others in a tragic air accident in Abuja - Nigeria. Since the death of this customer, I personally have watched with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one has come to claim his funds of US$25,500,000.00 (Twenty Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) which has been with our branch for a very long time. On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall be used as the Next of Kin as no one has come up as his next of kin. In view of this I got your contact through a trade journal on my quest for a foreign business partner, who will be presented to the financial firm as the next of kin to the deceased client to enable them release the fund in your favour. For your assistant I am willing to give you 40% of the total amount, 10% to cover all expenses and 50% for me and my family. Upon the receipt of your response, I will send you by fax the letter of application which you will type sign and send to the First Bank of Nigerian Plc to enable us start the processing of this claim. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is problem free process and shall be carried out under legitimate procedure without breaching any of the International Law, in other words, you should not entertain any fear as all modality for the smooth and easy transfer of this fund has been finalized. Please take note my wife is the only one that I have discussed this business with and we both agreed to do it with you, I will give you more explanation on this transaction, feel free to send email to me. When you receive this letter, kindly send me an email for more explanation, please include your private Tel/Fax numbers in your correspondence to facilitate communication. Yours Sincerely, Mr. Akinwumi Godson Fanimokun Group Executive, Technology & Services First Bank of Nigerian Plc.