A Scam Email with the Subject "Urgent Confirmation Needed!!!" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:39:05 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was Lucky Khumalo <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Good day, Do not be surprised about receiving this confidential proposal from somebody you do not know. It is as a result of the urgency and nature of the business that made me contact you in this manner. I am Mr. Lucky Khumalo, an attorney from Durban, South Africa and a personal attorney to late Mr. John Cuthbertson, (hereinafter referred to as my “client”) an expatriate and an oil/mining contractor who used to work in my country back in Africa as an Engineering Consultant with South African mining Corporation. On the 31st of January 2000, my client died from an air crash aboard Alaska Airline flight 261 that crashed into the Pacific Ocean on January 31, 2000 (http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/index.html). My client used to be a close friend of my late father who also died four years ago. Shortly, before my client’s death, he had instructed me to prepare his WILL but without a named beneficiary yet. He had already signed the WILL and was contemplating on making his pet dog the beneficiary sinc The reason for contacting you is to assist me urgently in repatriating the sum of Twenty five million six hundred and U.S. Dollars (US$25,600,000) left behind by my client before his death. This amount of money is kept in safe custody with a security/finance company operating between Africa and Europe. The security company has issued me a notice to provide the next-of- kin of my client or have the money declared unserviceable and returned to the South African government. I cannot claim this money myself because of my position as the Attorney to the deceased and the Security company is aware of this situation. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of his relatives for five years now, I seek your consent for a confidential co-operation with me so that I can present you as the next-of-kin to my client – Mr. John Cuthbertson for the money to be paid to you as the beneficiary. Note that this transaction is simple and risk free because I will provide you with expert legal services, documentations and transaction codes that will guarantee the successful execution of this deal with the security/finance company. All I require is your honesty and serious co-operation to enable us see the deal through. I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. I wish to point out that after the claims, I would want 20% of this money to be shared among charity organizations, while the remaining 80% is shared equal. You will agree with me that it is a better judgment for us to claim this money and put into profitable/peaceful use than allowing it to be confiscated and divided amongst the corrupt government in South Africa. If you are capable of handling this transaction, get back to me with your full names and telephone numbers to enable us discuss and proceed accordingly. Yours faithfully, Mr. Lucky Khumalo. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC