A Scam Email with the Subject "Please read and get back" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:02:05 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was Marie Mensah <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I greet you in the name of our lord. My name is Mrs. Marie Mensah I am a widow and a mother of Two all girls. I know you will see my letter to you as an embarrassment considering the fact that we do not know ourselves. I plead with you to be patient with me I feel very pleased to contact you for some assistance and business relationship. I am a Citizen of South Africa, married to a Ghanna. I live in Ghana with my children. My late husband was a loving, caring and hard workingman and a gold merchant who died in car accident. Before the sudden death of my beloved husband, and father of my two daughters, my late husband intended to establish a business in the United States of America with the sum of $7.8 million United States dollars, but unfortunately he died before this proposed venture. Following his death, his family members insisted that I am not entitled to his property (Assets and money) since I am a woman and my offspring's are all girls, as I do not have a male child for my husband. Well, according to some barbaric traditional laws here in Ghana (Africa), which doesn't permit a woman to inherit a man's property, as They are expected by tradition to take over the management of his properties including myself who automatically becomes a wife to one of his immediate brothers. Unfortunately to these wicked family members, the $7.8 million United States dollars that my late husband intended to use in establishing a business in the United States was deposited in a bank account unknown to his family. I and the Attorney is the only one aware of this money, so I have discussed this matter with a staff of the bank that I want this money personally so that I will be able to take care of my children's educational needs since my husband's family members vehemently opposed the furtherance of their education. According to the staff of the bank, the best way to secure this money is to transfer this money to a bank account out side Ghana For safe- keeping, later it will be used for business establishment subject to the Advise of whosoever finally assists us. As soon as I get your positive response, I shall provide you with all the necessary detail of this fund. However, I have decided to give you 40% of the total money as a reward for your sincere assistance and the remaining 60% of the money will be for my investment and up keep for my two children. Any expenses that you and I may incur during the process of this transaction will also be reconciled afterwards. Let me have your confidential telephone, fax and mobile numbers for easier communication. Email me with this address: firstname.lastname@example.org I await your response. Mrs. Marie Mensah.