A Scam Email with the Subject "I Hope To Read From You Again" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:26:42 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "bdk_org" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I am making this proposition to you because of the urgent need to seek for the partnership of a resource person to help me realize the success of this project. I am Mr. Clark Anderson.A retired banker and investment consultant based in London the United kingdom. I was attending a business lunche on in Berlin Germany and I got introduced to the renowned German businessman and property mogul: Mr. Andreas Schranner (of the blessed memory). Then as his accounting officer but later a business consultant after my retirement,he engaged my services as his investment consultant and my primary assignment was to spearhead his investment forays in the United Kingdom. Three months later I invited him to London and under my professional guidance and based on my advice he made a fixed deposit of 6,800,000,00 million pounds sterling (SIX MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS STERLINGS) at a financial institution. This deposit was for 2years and upon maturity I made effort to contact my client, I could not reach him or any member of his family. I was forced to travel to Germany and there I got the tragic news that on July 25 2000, my client Mr. Andreas schranner, his wife Maria, their daughter Eich and husband Christian and their two children perished in the air France Concorde new York bound flight; the website below narrates the tragic incidence explicitly: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm I have made efforts to locate any member of his family at least with strong biological links to my late client without success. The search to find a close relation is one that has consumed time and resources. The institution is asking me to either present a next of kin to late Mr. Andreas Schranner or forfeit the deposit.My proposal is to package, present you as next of kin to late Mr.AndreasSchranner and process the fixed deposit and transfer custody to you for our mutual benefit. My capacity as solicitor/investment consultant to my late client gives me the discretion to package and transfer the deposit to you.I will give you 40% of the total sum as your own for your effort while remaining 60% is for me. I feel it will amount to injustice if I do not take this decisive step to secure this deposit and invest it.The late schranner was also a friend in addition to our business relationship. I will wait for your reaction and response and then together we can commence with this project and nurture it to reality. For the commencement of this business project,you are adviced to send me your full information as indicated below: 1.YOUR FULL NAME 2.YOUR MOBILE TELEPHONE AND FAX INCLUDING OUR OFFICE AND HOME PHONE NUMBER. 3.YOUR MAILING ADDRESS. 4.YOUR AGE AND OCCUPATION. 5.YOUR COMPANY NAME. 6. THE NAME OF YOUR CLOSEST AIRPORT IN YOUR CITY I await your respond via my personal email address: Thank you, Mr. Clark Anderson