A Scam Email with the Subject "I am the Minister, Ministry of Food & Agriculture" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Tue, 30 Jun 2015 03:35:04 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mr. Fifi Kwetey ( Agriculture Minister )"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
After my official inquiry from the foreign trade office of the chambers of commerce & industry here, Hence I decided to contact you, though I did not disclose this to anyone else because of the discreet nature of this project. I found your profile very interesting and decided to reach you directly to solicit for your assistance and guidelines in making a business investment and transfer of US$39,300,000.00 (Thirty Nine million Three Hundred thousand United States Dollars) to your country within the next Seven (7) working days.
Please I must plead for your confidence in this Project. I am the Minister, Ministry of Food & Agriculture, Republic of Ghana. I am currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity we can use to move this sum of money. But at this moment, I am constrained to issue more details about this profitable business investment until I get your response by email or telephone as indicated below. please if you can take out a moment of your very busy schedule today to respond back to this mutual benefit business proposal, It will be highly appreciated. Kindly include the followings in your response for more details. i) Name, ii) Address, iii) Age, iv) Sex, v) Occupation, vi) Company name and address and, vii) Mobile Telephone number.
This fund accured legitimately to us as commission from foreign contracts, through our private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from the bank here in Ghana to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By virtue of my position as a civil servant in my country, I cannot acquire this money in my name. Because as a high placed civil servant, I am not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for me to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. I have been propel to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with me to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email. My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 30% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 70% belongs to me. Yo u will be free to take out your c
However, this is optional, and if it is not convenient for you to further assist me with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you make available to me my part of the money. The transaction, although discreet, is legitimate and the money will be transferred successfully with all necessary back-up official documents showing the legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be effected as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your interest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else for security reasons. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to me or yourself. I wait your response immediately by returning this mail through my secure email address.
Hon. Fifi Kwetey
Mobile: +233 230 377 326