Scam Emails Archive : Generic

Subject: Dear Partner,

From: "Bob Martins"<>

This email with the subject "Dear Partner," was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:05:06 -0800 and has been classified as a Generic Scam.

The sender was "Bob Martins"<>, although it may have been spoofed.

First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction. And after due deliberation, I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as benefactor to the sum of US$20, 000, 000, 00, (Twenty Million United States Dollars) equivalent because, I am currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity that can be use to transfer the said sum. This fund accrued legitimately to me as commission from foreign contracts with Department of Minerals & Energy through my private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from The Bank to any overseas beneficiary confirmed as associate/receiver. By virtue of my political/religious position in my country, I cannot acquire this money with my name. For this reason I took it upon myself to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with me to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email. What I am requesting from you is: (1) to be my silent partner and receive the funds as the sole benefactor to the contract amount which I shall secure all legal documentation to authenticate my claim in Bank. (2) Provide a private telephone number for easy communication under your control. (3)Receive the funds as the beneficiary, take out your commission after tax and keep the rest of the money until I arrive there to meet you after the transfer is completed. My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 30% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer from The Bank to any of your nominated account, while the remaining 70% belongs to me and my partners. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your country. Since my objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help me with advice and direction on investing into profitable/lucrative ventures in your country for an additional 5%. However, this is optional, and if it is not convenient for you to further assist me with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you make available my own part of the money. The transaction, although discrete, is legitimate and the money will be transferred successfully with all necessary back-up official documents showing legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be affected within a period not longer than two weeks as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your interest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to anyone else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to me or yourself. Please, give me your response through my Direct Email Address immediately as soon as possible. Yours Truly, Mr. Bob Martins