A Scam Email with the Subject "pls help" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 10 Jul 2006 02:33:15 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "peter paul chang" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
email@example.com Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. ATTN: Sir/Madam, TRANSFER OF ($15,300.000.00 USD} FIFTEEN MILLION THREE HUNRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. I want to transfer ($15,300.000.00 USD)Fifteen Million Three Hundred United States Dollars from a Bank here in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia.to oversea account. First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction.This is by virtue of it's nature as being utterly confidential.I am sure and have confidence of your ability and reliability to prosecute a transaction of this great magnitude.I solicit your assistance to enable us transfer the said amount into your safe account for unward investment.You can either provide us with an existing account or to set up a new Bank account immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c can serve to receive this money, as long as you will remain honest to me till the end for this important business trusting in you and believing that you will never let me down either now or in future. I am a personal Assistant to a great late INDUSTRIALIST who has an account in one of the top banks here in Malaysia. The account was opened in 1998 and he died in the year 2000 without a written or oral WILL and since then nobody has operated on this account again hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing since the bank has been sold on Wednesday, 19 March 2005 to another bank and the management of the bank is now ready to release the fund to any foreigner who has the correct information of the account before fully handing over the management to the new bank.The owner of this account is a foreigner and no other person knows about this account or anything concerning it, the account has no other beneficiary . My investigation through the National immigration department proved to me as well that he was single as at the point of his entry int Malaysia. The amount in this account is USD$15.3 Million ( Fiteen Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars )only.As a matter of fact, I have decided to transfer this fund abroad for investment. Your assistance as a foreigner is necessary because the management of the bank will welcome any foreigner who has correct information to this account which I will give you mmediately, if you are interested to do this business with me. There is no risk to this business. With my position and my personal contact with the manager of the bank,the money can be transferred to any account you can provide with assurance that this money will be intact pending our physical arrival in your country for sharing.We will start the first transfer with Six Million [$6,000.000]. Upon successful transfer without any disappointment from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining balance of $9.3 Million to your account. I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a local person here, but can only be approved to any foreigner who has the correct information of the account which I will provide to you.So you should provide me with your correct account detail where you will like the fund to be transferred or you can set up a new account for the transfer even an empty account is ok. At the conclussion of the transfer you will take 20% for your honest committment and positive contributions to enhance that the transaction succeeds,and the remaining 80% for me which I intend to invest in any area you deem profitable. As soon as I hear from you,and upon your strong assurance that you will not let me down once the fund goes into your account I will then start to process the transfer of the fund to your account without further delay. If interested contact me urgently for further details. Yours Faithfully, Dr. Peter paul chang Email: firstname.lastname@example.org