A Scam Email with the Subject "†No Subject†" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:39:54 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "ahmed hassan " <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
FROM THE DESK OF MR. AHMED HASSAN THE BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING UNIT. FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPT. BANK OF AFRICA (BOA)ANNEX OUAGA-BURKINA FASO. I am Ahmed Hassan, the manager in charge of auditing and accounting unit foreign remittance department of bank of africa (BOA)ouaga-burkina faso in west Africa. With due respect and regards I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction ,During our investigation and auditing in the bank, my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to a deceased person, a foriegner who died in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with the bank without any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before my discovery to this development,Although personally, I kept this information secrete within myself and to enable the whole plans and idea be profitable and uccessful during the time of execution. The amount involved is (us$9,210.000.00) (Nine Million Two Hundred And Ten Thousand United State Dollars ). Meanwhile, all the whole arrangement and directives needed to put claim over this fund as the next of kin to the deceased, Upon your acceptance all the information will be forward to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist me and also benefit your self to this great business opportunity,In fact, I could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civil servant,we are not allowed to operate a foriegn account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because I work in this bank, this is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin with affidavit of trust of Oath to the bank and also present a foriegn account where you will need the said fund to be transferred into, after due verification and clarification to designated bank account,I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free, On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total sum as ratification, while 10% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer such as telephone bills etc,While 50% will be for me. Please you have been adviced to keep top secret as I am still in service and intend to retire from service after I conclude this deal with you, I will be monitoring the whole situation here in the bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down there for subsequent shearing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment,either in your country or any other country you may advice me to invest in. All other necessary information will be sent to you when I hear from you, I suggest you get back to me as soon as possible thorugh my private email address, (firstname.lastname@example.org), stating your wish in this deal. Yours Sincerely Mr Ahmed Hassan --------------------------------------------------------- Ya.com ADSL 24h + Llamadas Nacionales y Locales 24h + Llamadas a MÓVILES. Desde 9,95 €/mes+IVA. http://acceso.ya.com/ADSLllamadas/3mbvoz/