A Scam Email with the Subject "URGENT REPLY" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:03:42 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was firstname.lastname@example.org, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, GOOD DAY!Email me at: email@example.com I am Mr Mussa Ali, the Manager in charge of auditing and accounting section of Bank Of Africa,Ouagadougou Burkina faso West Africa with due respect and regard.I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction. During our investigation and auditing in this bank , my department came across a very hugesum of money belonging to a person who died on July 2003 in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with this Bank with out any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery to this developement. The said amount was EIGHTHEEN MILLION united states dollars.($18.000.000) Meanwhile all the whole arrangement to put the claim over this fund as the bonafide next of kin to the deceased;get the required approval and transfer this money to a foriegn account has been put in place and directives and needed information will be relayed to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist us and also benefit your self to this great business opportunity.Infact i could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civiassist(A Banker),we are not allowed to operate a foriegn account and wouldeventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer becuase i work it may be after due verification and assist by the correspondent branch of the bank where the money will be remitted from to your own designation bank account. I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free.On smooth conclusion of this transaction,you will be entitled to 40%of the total sum as gratification, while 10% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer and also telephone bills; while 50% will be for me. Please;you have been adviced to keep top secret as i am still in service and intend to retire from service after we conclude this deal with you. I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment,either in your country or any country you advice us to invest.All other necessary vital information will be sent to you when i hear from firstname.lastname@example.org This is telephone N°00226 78 78 43 97 Yours faithfully my email email@example.com