A Scam Email with the Subject "Account Compromised . Billing Information Moved Or Changed" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:13:19 -0700 and has been classified as a Generic Scam. The sender was "Washington Mutual Bank"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
|WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK|
|Dear WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK Client ,
During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification we have detected a slight error
in your billing information on file with WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK ( WAMU ).
This might be due to either following reasons :
- A recent change in your personal information (I.E. change of address)
- Submitting invalid information during initial signup process
- An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due of an internal error within our processors
In accordance with WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised , access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited untill this issue has been resolved.In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access we may require some specific information from you for the following reason :
- We encourage you to restore full access as soon as possible
Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account
- WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK`s Team.