A Scam Email with the Subject "Please I need to hear from you immediately / From Dr Salim." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 18 May 2007 11:25:33 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Dr Jabre Salim" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
My Dear, Greetings to you,please permit me to introduce myself, I am Dr.Jabre Salim the Account Manager of Late Mr. Morris Thompson in Bank of Africa, here in Burkina Faso. However I got your contact through the International web directory and I decided to contact you by email because I feel that it is more secured and private. Recently we discovered a Dormant Account with a huge amount of Money Valued USD14,000,000.00 (Fourteen Million Dollars only)that belongs to one of our late Customer who died in a plane crash. During our investigation and auditing in this bank, my department came across this very huge sum of money belonging to Late Mr. Morris Thompson an American great industrialist and a resident of Alaska, who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed on January 31 2000,including his wife and only daughter. You shall read more news about the crash on visiting this site which I got during my investigation;http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/ and ttp://www.nativefederation.org/history/people/mThompson.html The fund has been dormant in his account With this Bank without any claim of the funds in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery of this development. This fund will be forfeited to the Bank treasury as an unclaimed bill if any one did not come as the next of kin to this fund and It is only a foreigner that can stand as the next of kin, therefore, upon this discovery, I decided to contact you to collaborate with you to pull out this dormant fund. In order to avert this negative development, I seek your permission to have you stand in as the next of kin to Our late Customer so that the fund will be released and paid into your account as the beneficiary´s next of kin now that the bank is still expecting a next of kin or relative of the deceased, Late Mr. Morris Thompson. In fact I could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as civil servant, we are not allowed to operate a foreign account and that would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer since I still work in this bank, this is the actual reason why I required a second party or fellow who will assist me forward claims as the next of kin and also provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this fund, even an empty a/c can also serve for this purpose. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% as gratification for assisting me, and the remaining 60% will be for me. What I want from you is for you to act as the deceased next of kin. I have in my possession, all the necessary Documents to successfully accomplish the operation. Bear in mind that this proposal is 100% risk free. Further Information will be given to you as soon as I receive your positive response. I suggest you get back to me as soon as possible stating your wish through my alternative E-mail address (email@example.com) I await your Urgent Response Regards, Dr Jabre Salim. _________________________________________________________________ Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/