A Scam Email with the Subject "good day" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:53:20 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Hello, Request for Confidential Business Relationship First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction. I am a high placed official working with Department of State for Finance & Economic Affairs, in Banjul, The Gambia, West Africa. Myself and two other colleagues are currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose bank account we can use to transfer the sum of Eighteen Million Five Hundred Thousand U.S. dollars. This fund accrued legitimately to us as commission from foreign contracts, though our private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted through an offshore funds manager to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By virtue of our positions as civil servants in my country, we cannot acquire this money in our names. Because as high placed civil servants,we are not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. I have been mandated as a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with us to facilitate transfer of this fund through his or her account for mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email. What I am requesting from you is: (1) To be our silent partner and receive the funds in your account in trust. (2) Provide a bank account under your control to which the funds will be remitted.(3)Receive the funds in your account, take out your commission and keep the rest of the money until I arrive there to meet you after the transfer is completed. My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 20% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 80% belongs to me and two colleagues. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your account. Since our objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help us with advices and direction on investing into profitable ventures in your country. However, this is optional, and should it not be convenient for you to further assist us with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you make available to me our part of the money. The transaction, although discrete, is legitimate and the money will be transferred to your account with all necessary back-up official documents showing legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be effected to your account within a period not longer than two weeks as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable bank account for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to ourselves or yourself. Please, give me your response immediately by return mail. Yours Faithfully Mr.Tony Camato