A Scam Email with the Subject "GREETING" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:40:08 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was Gideon Nkomo <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Sir/Ma, I know you will be surprised to read this mail from me, but please consider this letter as a genuine request from a family in dire need of your humble assistance. Firstly, I must introduce myself. I am Gideon Nkomo. A Citizen of Zimbabwe, but I am contacting you from Accra Ghana where I am now seeking political asylum. I got your contact from a business Directory in Accra Ghana chambers of commerce and industry information exchange online on scientist. I am the son of Mr. Samuel Nkomo, a wealthy farmer and senior politician with the opposition political party in my country, Movement for Democratic Change (MDC). Our wicked President Robert Mugabe murdered my father, before I ran away from my country because I have become his next target to eliminate.My father was a fighter for Justice and a moving force in The MDC, a party wanting to end the several years of brutal Dictatorship government of President Robert Mugabe. You will read more stories about President Mugabe's brutal acts by visiting this web site: http://www.rte.ie/news/2000/0418/zimbabwe.html My father was accused of assisting the White farmers in fighting the government. Few weeks after his arrest, he was reported dead. The government claimed he died of heart attack and his body was never seen for proper autopsy, they buried him in the government cemetery. My father's associate Mr. Martin Olds a White farmer from Britain assisted me in fighting my father's death through the Court and media.The Government saw us as a big threat to them and decided to eliminate us. Mr. Olds was attacked and murdered in his House, but fortunately, before they came looking for me, I received the news and I left the country through the border to Accra Ghana to save my life here in Accra Ghana. Here is my reason for contacting you. My father deposited a huge Sum of money in the total sum of US$20.5M [Twenty million, Five hundred thousand United States Dollars] presently with one Security Company here in Accra Ghana; my father kept this money in one trunk box in disguise as family treasures and precious valuables and could not bank them because of the situation in my Country.The government seized my father’s farms and banks account in my country after his arrest and Murder. He told me everything concerning the funds while he was still in detention. This is why I need your assistance in securing the funds there in your Country, so that I can arrange on how to come over to your country for the investment of the fund, I am willing to offer you 30% of the US$20.5 Million For your assistance to provide an account where the funds will be transferred into, and the remaining 70% for me and my mother to buy a living home in your country and for investment. Beside the 30% we offer you, you will also be entitle to the share profit of any investment the fund will be invested for as your assistant toward helping us completely will be necessary so as not to be in trouble by operating with wrong hands.Please, let me know if you can assist me, so that I can give you more details on how we shall proceed. As I wait for your urgent Response, please treat this information as top secret and very confidential. Yours truly, Gideon Nkomo