A Scam Email with the Subject "STRICTLY PERSONAL" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sun, 30 May 2010 06:12:14 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "MRS JULLIET ADAMS"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
I am Mrs Juliet Adams, head, audit department of my bank. in Abuja, Nigeria, West Africa. I am contacting you on a
very urgent business transaction that would be beneficial to both families. This business offer is 100% risk free
but has to be handled with utmost confidentiality and secrecy. The reason is that I would not want my bank to
know that I spearheaded the transfer of the funds to a foreign account since I am still an employee of the bank.
In the course of our routine audit in the bank, my colleagues and I discovered that there is a dormant account
owned by an American national who died in a plane crash with the wife years back. At the quarterly meeting of
the board of directors of my bank, there was a preliminary discussion on how the funds should be transferred to
the bank treasury account because there has been no claims hitherto. Consequent upon this, my colleagues and I
conceived the idea to contact a foreigner who would send in an application for claims to the funds as a business
partner to the late customer. We will give you all the necessary informations about the account so that you can
quickly send an application for claim to the funds. We will guide you with any information that may be required of
you from the management of the bank.
The total funds and accrued interest is 35 Million United States Dollars. Upon the successful transfer of the funds to your
nominated bank account, you shall be entitled to 30% of the total funds while the other 70% will be for us.
Please, if you are interested to work with us, respond to this mail as soon as possible so that we shall set up the necessary
machinery to actualize this objective.
Thanks and remain blessed.
Mrs Juliet Adams
Tel. +234 806 1301662