A Scam Email with the Subject "CAN I TRUST YOU?" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 22 May 2010 04:29:28 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was sama issa <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
CAN I TRUST YOU?
I am Mr sama issa, personal Assistant to the Branch Manager of Africa Development Bank (A.D.B) Ouagadougou Burkina Faso I want to inquire from you if you can handle this transaction for mutual benefits/life opportunity for you and me.
The transaction is about seeking your consent to present you as the next of kin/ beneficiary of the US$5.5 million dollars,In one of our foreign customer account, who is an investor, Gold Merchant and Federal Government contractor.(Dr. Ahmed Khan. From Iraq) who died along with his entire family during the Iraq war,in 2006.
The Fund is currently in a suspense account awaiting claim, the bank made a public notice that they are ready to release this fund to any of his relatives abroad.
In that regard, i decided to seek your consent for this prospective opportunity.
Have it at the back of your mind, that the transaction does not involve any risk and does not need much engagement from you, since i am familiar with this kind of transaction being an insider. Necessary modalities will be worked out to enable us carry out the fund claim under a legitimate arrangement.
I have resolved to offer you 40% of the total fund, 10% for sundry expenses that maybe incurred during the process of executing this transaction and 50% percent for me.I will give you more details about the transaction when I receive your affirmative response.
I'm waiting to hear from you soon.
My Sincere regards,
Mr. sama issa.