A Scam Email with the Subject "From Rev. Charles Martins(get back to me asap)" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:22:18 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Rev. Charles Martins"<email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF PETROLUEM RESOURCES (F.M.P.R)
FLOOR 10, NNPC PLAZA,
28, Ademola Street,
Ikoyi, Lagos zonal office NIGERIA
I am Rev. Charles Martins, Chief accounting Officer Federal Ministry of petroleum Resources (MPR) and a member of Tender Board Committee in charge of contract Rev.iew and payment approvals. I came to know of you in my search for a reliable person to handle a very confidential transaction that involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account.
There were series of contracts executed by a consortium Multinational in the Oil industry in favor of Ministry of Petroleum Resources among which were:
1.The extension of pipeline network within Nigeria for crude oil, down stream products distribution and subsequent evacuation-US$ 95Million.
2. Contract for the Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the various refineries in the country- US$ =52Million.
3. The construction of storage tanks for petroleum product(Depots)S $140Million The original values of this contract were deliberately over invoiced to the sum of US $12.5million American Dollars, which has now been approved and is now ready to be transferred. The companies that actually executed these contracts have been fully paid and project officially commissioned.
Consequently, I and my partners are willing to transfer this amount to your account for subsequent disbursement since we are Civil Servants and are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Servant Laws) from opening/operating foreign account in our names. Needless to say, the trust posed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20% of the transferred sum while 5% shall be set aside for accidental expenses (Internal & External) between the parties in the
course of the transfer. We will mandate you to draw up an investment plan for us of which you will control since we cannot bring our shares back to Nigeria.
We are very interested in investing in real estate in your country. You must however note that this transaction is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
1. Our conviction of your transparent honesty and diligence.
2. That you will treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality because of the circumstances we now find ourselves.
3. That the funds would be transferred to an account over which you have absolute control. Modalities have been worked out at the highest level subject to your satisfaction of the above stated terms. Our assurance is that your role is 100% risk free. To accord this transaction, the legality it deserves and for mutual security of the parties involved and the funds, the whole approval procedures will be officially and legally processed with your name or the name of your company you may nominate as the Bonafide beneficiary.
Also, be informed that our main reason of contacting you is for the obvious reason that we will want to invest these funds in the real estate. It is believe that you can be of immense help in this regards. Kindly expedite action so as to enable us include this Transaction into this quarter of payment.
Please, contact me as soon as possible on my alternative email address : firstname.lastname@example.org I awaits your soonest response.
Rev. Charles Martins
N/B: Please send your Direct phone number where we can reached you.