A Scam Email with the Subject "FROM: JERRY KUMAR, BUSINESS PROPOSAL." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:30:08 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "MR. JERRY KUMAR" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
From: Mr. Jerry Kumar.
The Manager International
Commercial Bank Ghana
First Light Branch
Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction, Although Let me start by introducing myself properly to you My name is Mr. Jerry Kumar, I am the manager of the international commercial bank Ghana, first light branch Accra Ghana. I am a Ghanian married with two kids. I came to know of you in my private search for a reliable and reputable person to handle a very confidential transaction, which involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to a foreign account requiring maximum confidence.
These funds is part of the excess of what my branch in which I am the manager made as profit during the last year. I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2009 to my head office here in Accra and they will never know of this excess.
I have since then placed this amount of us$4,500.000.00 on a suspense account
without a beneficiary. As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account.
All documents and proves to enable you get this fund have been carefully worked out and i am assuring you 100% risk free involvement. Your share would be 30% of the total amount of $4,500.000.00 which is $1,500.000:00 while the rest 70% would be for me. If this proposal is okay by you then kindly get back to me immediately via e-mail furnishing me with your most confidential telephone and e-mail, so that I can forward to you the relevant details of this transaction.
I will appreciate your timely response.
Mr. Jerry Kumar.