A Scam Email with the Subject "From Mr. Philip Kahrmann///" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:11:16 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mr. Philip Kahrmann"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear, Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. Let me start by first introducing myself properly to you. It may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Philip Kahrmann,a personal Attorney to Late Mr.Peter Engel. My purpose of contacting you is for you to help secure the funds left behind by my late client, to avoid it being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank Where this fund valued 7,500,000.00(Seven Million Five hundred thousand Euro) deposited by my client before his death. The Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin or the account will be declared unserviceable and the fund diverted to the Bank treasury, So far all my efforts to get a hold of someone related to this man has proved abortive. Hence, I have contacted you. I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Bank as the Next of Kin/beneficiary of my late client's fund,so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to your account. All the legal documentations to back up your claim as my client's Next of Kin I shall provided them. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us achieve this transaction. I wish to point out that I want 20% of this money to be shared among the charity Organizations, while the remaining 80% is shared equally between us. This proposition is entirely risk free. I will use my position as the client's attorney to guarantee the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please contact me via Tel +447924039054, Fax +442076812774 Email:email@example.com Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand this transaction well. The intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any infraction of the law. However, if this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology. If on the contrary you wish to achieve this goal with me, kindly get back to me with your interest for further explanation. Kindest Regards Mr. Philip Kahrmann.