A Scam Email with the Subject "Awaiting your Urgent Response." was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 04 Feb 2010 17:39:47 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mrs. Rosalie Sabine"<email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, May it be granted to you the wisdom and sympathy to understand my situation and how much I and my family need your help. I am Mrs. Rosalie A. Sabine the wife of Mr. Khumalo Sabine from Zimbabwe. I am contacting you with the hope that you will be of great assistance to me, I know how surprise this letter will be to you, But I plead you consider it as a request from a family in dare need of assistance. I need a reliable and trustworthy person that can assist me and my family. I am trusting that you can be of great help to me and my family despite the fact we do not know each other before. My husband was killed during the war/crises against farmers in Zimbabwe from the support of our President Robert Mugabe to claim all the white owned farms to his party members and his follower’s. He ordered all white farmers to surrender all their farms to his party members and followers. My husband was one of best farmers in my country although he is a black man but he didn't support Mugabe's political ideas, Mugabe’s supporters invaded my husband’s farm, burnt down the farm and killed my husband. Before my husband's death, he foresaw the dangers ahead and he had deposited with one of the security company in Cotonou Republic of Benin the sum of US$18MILLION (EIGHTEEN MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS). After the brutal death of my husband we ran to the republic of Benin for the safety of our lives where we live as asylum seekers (REFUGEES).In his "WILL" he specifically pointed and I Quote, Darling, I wish to draw your attention to the sum of $18M USD which I deposited with a Security Company in Cotonou Benin Rep Unfortunately we can not make use of this money here because of our status as refugees. As it is against the human right law that asylum seekers in the country do not have the right to operate a bank account or to run an enterprise in the country, after much advise and consideration we were compelled to contact a partner who we will trust and insure him or her the beneficiary of this fund in other to legitimately transfer the fund out of Benin Republic for investment purposes. You will understand that the future of my family especially the future of my only son depends on this money and as such I will be grateful if you can assist us in transferring this fund to your account overseas for our investments. For your assistance we have agreed to offer you 25% of the total fund while the remaining 75% will be for me and my son under your care for our investment. Please our continuous stay in this place is a big threat to the lives and future of my family. The business is completely safe and secure, provided you treat it with utmost confidentiality. God bless you for your anticipated understanding and co-operation. I await your urgent and positive response. EMAIL US AT (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full detailed Best regards, Mrs. Rosalie Sabine/ Steven Sabine (Son) Tel: +229 97 038 394