A Scam Email with the Subject "RE!!!!" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 04:24:57 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "MR.ERIC ADAMS" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I hope this may not constitute sort of embarrassment to you. My name is Mr.Eric Adams, I am the regional bank manager of the Barclays Bank Ghana Ltd.I am 51 years of age and married with 3 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a man of PEACE and INTEGRITY; I only hope we can assist each other.I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us, as the regional Auditor General of the Barclays Bank Ghana Ltd.; it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each year. On the course of 2007 end of year report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made an excess profit of Five Million Seven Hundred And Fifty Thousand united states dollars [USd$5.750, 000.00] which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have since placed this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary. As an officer of the bank I can not be directly connected to this money, this is why I▓m contacting you for us to work so that you can assist me and receive this money into your bank account for us to share. Upon your acceptance of this proposal, I have generally agreed on this sharing ration below. 1. 40% of the total sum will be given to you for your assistance upon the receipt of the funds in your account. 2. 10% have been set aside for unforeseen expenses that might be incurred both at your end and here 3. 50% for myself. Note that there are practically no risks involved in this transaction, it will be bank to bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made the deposit with Takoradi Branch so that my Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account. I assure you we can achieve it successfully if you can follow my instruction and direction. Looking foward to hear from you Thank you for your understanding and Have a wonderful day Best Regards, Mr.Eric Adams