A Scam Email with the Subject "BUSINNESS PROPOSAL" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 15 Jun 2006 05:28:16 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was RICHARD BLAKES <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Sir, Request for Confidential Business Relationship First, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction. I am a high placed official working with the Ministry of Finance, here in lome Togo, . my Department (the Treasury Department) runs into several thousand millions of dollars monthly. Myself and three other colleagues in this department are currently inneed of a silent foreign partner whose bank account we can use to transfer the sum of Eighteen Million Five Hundred Thousand U.S.dollars(us$18,500,000.00). This fund accrued legitimately (butdiscretely) to us as commission from foreign contracts, though our private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted by our offshore funds managers to any foreign beneficiary submitted by us to them as the receiver of the fund. However, by virtue of our positions as civil servants in our country, we cannot acquire this money in our names. Because as high placed civil servants, we are not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep the money here due to our political environment. I have been delegated as a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partner in whose account we would transfer the us$18,500,000.00 for mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email. What i am requesting from you is: (1) To be our silent partner and receive the funds in your account in trust. (2) Provide a bank account under your control to which the funds will be remitted.(3)Receive the funds in your account, take out your commission and keep the rest of the money until I arrive there to meet you after the transfer is completed. Our proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 20% to you as commission, while the remaining 80% belongs to myself and the two colleagues here. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the funds hit your account. Since our objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you can also help us to invest our own money into profitable ventures in your country. However, this is optional, and should it not be convenient for you to further assist us with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you hand over to us our percentage of the money. The transaction, although discrete,is lgitimate and the money will be transferred to your account with all necessary back-up documents showing legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be effected to your account within seven (7) working day as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable bank account for receiving the money. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to ourselves or yourself. please, give me your response immediately by return mail:firstname.lastname@example.org] while keeping everything confidential. yours faithfully, DR R Blakes