A Scam Email with the Subject "AID FOR THE CYCLONE VICTIMS////" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 12 May 2008 17:05:20 -0400 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Owen Brad" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I am Mr. Owen Brad, a merchant in England in the Europe Based in UK. I have been diagnosed with Cancer which was discovered very late, due to my laxity in caring for my health. It has defiled all forms of medicine, Right now I have only about a few months to live, according to my Medical Doctor. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for myself but the oil business. Though, I am very rich, I was never generous, I only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance and heal me I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. I have sowed a seed for my healing I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul and so, I have decided to give arms to charity organizations and give succor and comfort to the less privileged of the Tsunami Victims, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in India and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts in Saudi Bank and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization and to the less privileged in Bulgaria and Sudan-Africa They cashed the money but kept it only to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them already.The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of twenty two million dollars $22 million that I have in the Vault of a Storage firm/house in Europe for safe keeping. I want you to collect this deposit on my behalf and disburse half of it to the Tsunami Earthquake victims in Asia for the less privileged (for charity purpose) and the other half to set up an investment that is profit base in other to keep the charity work alive. Please send me a mail to indicate your wiliness to assist in this disbursement. For your willingness and readiness to act accordingly, I will set aside 10% for you for your time and efforts in caring out this responsibility on my behalf while, the remaining 90% will be used by you for both charity work and setting up of an investment that is profit oriented to enable you continue to assist the less privileged from time to time from the profit you make from this investment annually. I need your urgent reply so that I will not have to go on sourcing for a credible person to handle this project. God bless you. Mr. Owen Brad