A Scam Email with the Subject "CALL ME IMMEDIATELY +226-78900178" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 07 Jul 2008 05:01:59 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Adama Diallo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
FROM THE DESK OF MR. ADAMA DIALLO
AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING SECTION
BANK OF AFRICA(BOA).
Good Day !
"READ AND KEEP TOP SECRET "
I can't imagine how you will feel receiving a sudden business proposal from a remote country in far away Burkina Faso west Africa and probably from some one you have not closely related with. But all the same, I believe we do not need to be of blood relatives before we can establish cordial/business relationship. Having said this, I think it is very important at this juncture to introduce myself to you. I am Mr.Adama Diallo. the director in charge of auditing and accounting section of International bank of Africa(BOA) Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso west Africa. It is my pleasure to solicit your assistance in this business proposal.
I am contacting you because, I do not want to transact this business with anybody who is known to any staff of this bank or anybody around here to avoid any possible blackmail or leakage at the end of the transaction. During our investigation and auditing in this bank, my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to a deceased person who died on 31st July 2000, in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with this bank without any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relatives before our discovery to this development,The said amount was $25.700.000 USD (Twenty-five Million seven hundred United States Dollars) as it may interest you to know.
Meanwhile all the whole arrangement to put claim over this fund as the bonafide next of kin to the deceased, get the required approval and transfer this money to a foreign account has been put in place and directives and needed information will be relayed to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist us and also benefit your self to this great business opportunity.
Infact, I could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civil servant (a banker), we are not allowed to operate a foreign account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because I work in this bank.
This is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin with affidavit of trust of oath to the bank and also present a foreign account where he will need the money to be re-transferred into on his request as it may be after due verification and clarification by the correspondent branch of the bank where the whole money will be remitted from to your own designation bank account.
I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total sum as gratification, while 10% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer and also telephone bills, while 50% will be for me and my partner. Please, you have been advised to keep "top secret and confidential" as I am still in service and intend to retire from service after i conclude this deal with you.
I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment, either in your country or any country you advice us to invest in. All other necessary vital information will be sent to you when I hear from you.
Waiting for your urgent call via my number (+226-78900178)