A Scam Email with the Subject "Fw: ALBERT ZUMA" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:35:33 -0800 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Pete Cursi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Zuma" <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 5:52 AM Subject: MR: ALBERT ZUMA
Department of Finance & Economic Affairs Cape Town South Africa. Request for a Confidential Business PartnershipFirst, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction. I am a high placed official working with Department of Finance & Economic Affairs, in Cape Town South Africa. I and two other colleagues are currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity we can use to transfer the sum of Twenty five Million U.S. dollar s. (USD$25, 000000.00USD) this fund accrued legitimately to us as commission from foreign contracts, through our private connections.The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from ABSA bank here in South Africa to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By virtue of our positions as civil servants in my country, we are not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. I have been mandated as a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with us to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email.What I am requesting from you is: (1) to be our silent partner and receive the funds as the sole benefactor to the contract amount which we shall secure all legal documentation to authenticate our claim. (2) Provide a , private telephone and fax number for easy communication under your control 3)Receive the funds as the beneficiary, take out your commission and keep the rest of the money until I arrive there to meet you after the transfer is completed.My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows :( 1) 30% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 70% belongs to me and two colleagues. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your country. Since our objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help us with advices and direction on investing into profitable/lucrative venture.However, this is optional, and if it is not convenient for you to further assist us with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you make available to us our part of the money. The transaction, although discrete, is legitimate and the money will be transferred successful with all necessary back-up official documents showing legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be affected within a period not longer than two weeks as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your interest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else.I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any riskseither to us or yourself. Please, give me your response immediately by return mail through my alternate email:firstname.lastname@example.orgYours faithfully, Mr. Albert Zuma.