A Scam Email with the Subject "VERY CONFIDENTIAL, PLEASE GET BACK TO ME" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 16 Oct 2008 03:28:01 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Barrister Raymond Greenfield"<email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Good Friend, I am sure you will be surprised at this letter that I am sending to you as we have never met before. But let me introduce myself to you. I am Barrister Raymond Greenfield, an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, Mr Ronald Lake, hereinafter, referred to as my client, made a fixed deposit valued US$10.5M, (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) on march 1998 for 36 months maturity, with an intent of investing in an oil company (Chevron/Texaco) here in Nigeria and upon the maturity this finance security company started contacting him but to no avail. On 31 January, 2000, my client along with his wife and children died in a plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight number 261. You shall read more about the crash on visiting this site http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/ It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you,as I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 3 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account now valued US$15.1 million, can be paid to you. You have to follow the instruction which I will send to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill. The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after some years, the money will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of in this transaction is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and been his lawyer, I cannot stand as the kin. In appreciation of your assistance, I am offering you 40% of the total sum. 10% goes to any charity home of your choice, while the remaining 50% is for me. This transaction, will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. If this business proposition offends your moral values,do accept my apology. However,you should contact me at once to indicate your interest, with the following information: 1.Contact Address 2.Telephone number 3.Your full name. Please kindly reply me as soon as you get this email through my private email address: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to your response. Best Regards, Barrister Raymond Greenfield (SAN) +234-703-107-9095.