A Scam Email with the Subject "Hear My Cry My Beloved" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:20:21 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was "Mrs.Rebecca Foster" <email@example.com>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, I am widow and a mother of Two all girls and a Citizen of Mauritius a UK citizen holder, married to a Ghanian. My late husband was a loving, caring and hard working man a gold merchant who died in car accident. Before the sudden death of my beloved husband, and father of my two daughters, he intended to establish a business in the United States of America with the sum of $17,220,000 million United States dollars, but unfortunately he died before this proposed venture. Following his death, his family members insisted that I am not entitled to his property (Assets and money) since I am a woman and my offspring's are all girls, as I do not have a male child for my husband. Well, according to some barbaric traditional laws here in Ghana (West Africa), which doesn't permit a woman to inherit a man's property, as they are expected by tradition to take over the management of his properties including myself who automatically becomes a wife to one of his immediate brothers. Unfortunately to these wicked family members, the $17,220,000 million United States dollars that my late husband intended to use in establishing a business in the United States was deposited in a bank in the United Kingdom,whice i can not expose to you now until i get to know you more. Though this is unknown to his family. I and my late husband's Attorney is the only one aware of this money, so I have discussed this matter with a staff of the company that I want this money personally so that I will be able to take care of my children's educational needs since my husband's family members vehemently opposed the furtherance of their education. So I need you to help me take custody of this fund for safe- keeping pending my arrival to your country because i am civil servant and i am not entitle to handle such money here in Africa,so i want you to help me to stand as the next of kin to my late husband hardearn money pending my arrival to your country. As soon as I get your positive response, I shall provide you with all the necessary detail of this fund. However, I have decided to give you 15% of the total money as a reward for your sincere assistance and the remaining 85% of the money will be for my investment and up keeps for my two children. Any expenses that you and I may incure during the process of this transaction will also be reconciled afterwards. Let me have your confidential telephone, fax and mobile numbers for easier communication. Please I await your response. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mrs.Rebecca Foster.