This email with the subject "Gold Offer" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Tue, 24 Jun 2008 03:55:20 -0700 and has been classified as a Generic Scam.
The sender was "AHMED DANGOTE" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
we are local miners acting with full corporate and with full legal responsibility do hereby irrevocably confirm and commit subject to the law of perjury that we are ready,
willing and able to sell Raw Alluvial Gold Dust:
Commodity - Gold Dust
Quantity - 215kg
Price ---$12,000USD DIAMOND------EURO 300 PER CARAT
Since this is a first time business we only need to start with 10- or highest 20
1. Buyer submits signed Letter of Intent (LOI)
2. Seller signs and returns LOI to Buyer with an invoice specifying all initial costs, included, (and notations of which costs are to be deducted from the final price)
3. Buyer arranges and pays for 6% of the 10kg, one round-trip ticket, ground transportation, and a hotel room for Seller's representative.
4. Seller hand carries 10kg of gold as specified above to Buyer's refinery.
5. After refinery assays report / Buyer pays Seller within 72 hours via bank wire transfer price agreed to above minus initial costs as specified.
After successful completion of all steps above to the satisfaction of Buyer and Seller, Buyer shall issue a new Letter of Intent for 50kg or 100kg as he can afford, For the same above PROCEDURES.
So please Advise as soon as possible.
reply to: email@example.com