A Scam Email with the Subject "VERY URGENT PLEASE" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:10:13 -0700 and has been classified as a Advance Fee Fraud/419 Scam. The sender was firstname.lastname@example.org, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Friend, TOP SECRET I am Mr elhadj oumarou, the Manager in charge of auditing and accounting section of Bank of Africa, Ouagadougou Burkina faso West Africa with due respect and regard.I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction. During our investigation and auditing in this bank , my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to a deceased person who died on 31rst January 2000 in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with this Bank with out any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery to this developement. The said amount was ( EIGHTHEEN MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLERS. ($12.000.000.00) Meanwhile all the whole arrangement to put the claim over this fund as the bonafide next of kin to the deceased has been put in place, get the required approval to transfer this money to a foriegn account. Information will be relayed to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist me and also benefit your self to this great business opportunity. Infact i could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civil servant (A Banker) we are not allowed to operate a foriegn account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because i work in this bank. This is the reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin to the bank and also present a foriegn account where he will need the money to be retransferred into on his request as it may be after due verification and clarification by the correspondent branch of the bank where the money will be remitted from to your own designation bank account. I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction; you will be entitled to 40%of the total sum as gratification; while10% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer and also telephone bills; while 50%will be for me. Please, I advic to keep top secret as i am still in service and intend to retire from service after we conclude this deal with you. I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment, either in your country orany country you advice us to invest. All other necessary vital information and TEXT OF APPLICATION FORM will be sent to you when i hear from you. Please reply all mails to my yahoomail address for privacy: Yours faithfully email@example.com Mr elhadj oumarou