A Scam Email with the Subject "Read Well And Get Back to me" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Sat, 14 Mar 2009 07:28:51 -0700 and has been classified as a Generic Scam. The sender was abu ali <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
FROM DR. ABU ALI,
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER,
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
Greetings and compliments of the season,
I am making this proposal to you based on my conviction that you will be capable of championing this business cause.
In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $29.2m US dollars (Twenty nine Million two hundred Thousand US Dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer, late Mr. Zahid Al Fahim an Afghanistan who died along with his entire family in an American bomb attack on the city of Kandahar, Afghanistan in the year 2004.
Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin, business partner or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately I learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him during the bomb attack leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.
The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after five years, the money will be transferred into the bank treasury account as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.
I wish to inform you that 40% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, while the remaining 60% would be for me. Thereafter I will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated. Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relation, business partner or next of kin to the deceased customer.So if you are willing to champion this business with me,Send me the following information's so that we can proceed immediately.
Your Full Names...
Personal Phone No.....
Home Phone No...
Personal Fax No....
Private Email Id .....
Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.
You should contact me immediately you receive this mail.Please reply through my
Trusting to hear from you immediately.
DR. ABU ALI
00226 78 43 83 64