A Scam Email with the Subject "URGENT ATTENTION" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:43:38 -0700 and has been classified as a Generic Scam. The sender was firstname.lastname@example.org, although it may have been spoofed.
From: Mr. Adam Kufur Dear Friend After my official enquiry from the foreign trade office of the chambers of commerce & industry here, I decided to contact you but I did not disclose the intention to anyone else because of the delicate nature of the project. I found your profile very interesting and decided to reach you directly to solicit for your assistance and guidelines in making a business investment and transfer of US$20,000,000.00 (Twenty million) to your country within the next few days. Please I must plead for your confidence in this transaction. I am a high placed official working with Department of (Finance & Economic Affairs) in Accra. I am currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity we can use to transfer this sum of money. But at this moment, I am constrained to issue more details about this profitable business investment until I get your response by email, please if you can take out a moment of your very busy schedule today to respond back to my private email below for more details and include your private telephone number in your response which I will highly appreciate. This fund accrued legitimately to us as commission from foreign contracts, through our private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from the bank here in Ghana to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By virtue of my position as a civil servant in my country, I cannot acquire this money in my name. Because as a high placed civil servant, I am not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for me to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. I have been mandated to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with me to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email. My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 30% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 70% belongs to me . Kindly do not expose this information to any one else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to me or yourself. Please, give me your response immediately by returning this mail through my email address. Yours Faithfully, Mr. Adam Kufur. Finance & Economic Affairs .Ghana