A Scam Email with the Subject "Lord Vallance Office / Reply" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:58:15 -0700 and has been classified as a Generic Scam. The sender was "Lord Vallance"<firstname.lastname@example.org>, although it may have been spoofed.
Dear Partner, BUSINESS PROPOSAL My name is Lord Vallance a high placed official and Member of (Economic Affairs Sub-Committee on the Finance Bill) in United Kingdom (UK). I decided to reach you directly to solicit for your assistance and guidelines in making a business investment and transfer of GBP Ј19,500,000.00(Nineteen Million Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) to your country. Please I must plead for your confidence in this transaction. I am currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity we can use to transfer this sum of money. But at this moment, I am constrained to issue more details about this profitable business venture until I get your response by email, please if you can take out a moment of your very busy schedule today to respond back to my private email below for more details and include your private telephone number for easier and faster communication with you. This fund accrued legitimately to me as commission from foreign contracts, through my private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from the bank here into any overseas beneficiary confirmed by me as associate/receiver. By virtue of my position as a civil servant in my country, I cannot acquire this money in my name. Because as a high placed civil servant, I am not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for me to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. My proposal to you is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 40% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 60% belongs to me, and you and I will be responsible for all legal fees to ensure that the said fund leaves the shores of United Kingdom (UK) to your designated bank account in your country. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your account in your country. Since my objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help me with advices and direction on investing into profitable ventures in your country. This transaction, although discreet, is legitimate and the money will be transferred successfully with all necessary back-up official documents showing the legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be concluded within 14 days official working period as soon as we reach on an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your interest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to yourself or myself. Please, give me your response immediately if you are interested. Yours Faithfully, Lord Vallance Email: email@example.com